Friday, August 23, 2013

Sample Cover Letter for Form I-485 Adjustment of Status

Here is a sample cover letter originally posted by "SapphireDreams" and re-posted by "The_Dude" of visajourney...thank you guys for sharing this: 

                                               *************************************************************

Maria Makiling Storm
23654 Chippendale Ave N Unit #65
Lakeville, TX 65358 USA


April 14, 2010


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
USCIS
P.O Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120



RE: Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application I-485 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION, filing concurrently I-765 Application for EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION; I-131 Application for TRAVEL DOCUMENT for Maria Makiling Storm  – A 320-565-867


Sir/ Madam:

 I am an applicant under K1 (Fiance) Visa status currently residing at 23654 Chippendale Ave N Unit #65 Lakeville, TX 65358 USA. I arrived at Seattle Tacoma Washington which is my port of entry last February 25, 2010. I got married to my Petitioner Richard Glenn Storm last March 24, 2010. Enclosed please find for your review the hereunder listed forms and documents:

-Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
-Payments in the amount of $1,070.00 (Biometrics Included) personal check made payable to
Department of Homeland Security.
 -Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
    -Copy of I-797 Notice of Action, (I-129F Approval Notice)
    -Copy of Applicant’s Passport Biographic Page
    -Copy of Applicant’s K-1 Fiancee Visa w/ date of Entry Stamp
    -Copy of Applicant’s Form I-94(front and back)
    -Marriage Certificate
    -Copy of Applicant’s Birth Certificate
    -Form G-325A Biographic Information Sheet of Applicant
    -2 Passport photos with Name and Alien Number printed at the back.
    -Copy of Vaccination Document received during K-1 Medical Exam w/ date of Immunization received here in the US and a copy of Vaccination Record Card
 -Form I-693 sealed in envelope by Civil Surgeon
 -Assorted Photographs together here in USA and in the Philippines
-Copy of Apartment Lease Showing Names of Applicant & Petitioner

-Form I-864 Affidavit of Support – signed and dated by Petitioner.
    -Employment Letter.
    -W2’s and 1040’s (2011-2012)
    -U.S. Passport Biographical Page of Petitioner/Spouse
    -Copy of Birth Certificate of Petitioner/Spouse
    -Copy of Divorce Decree of the Petitioner
    -Copy of Recent Pay stubs (optional)
    -Recent bank statement (optional)
-Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
-Form I – 765 Application for Employment Authorization
    -Copy of Philippine Passport Biographical Page
    -Copy of K1 Visa Page w/ date of Entry Stamp
    -Copy of Form I-94 (front and back)
    -Copy of Marriage Certificate
    -Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate
    -2 Passport photos with Name and Alien Number printed at the back.

-Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
-Form I-131  (Application for Travel Document)
-Form I-131 Supplement, Part 7
-Copy of Passport biographical page
-K1 Visa Page w/ date of Entry Stamp
-Copy of form I-94 ( front and back)
-2 Passport/Visa size photos with name and Alien Receipt # printed at the back
Documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered certificate and documents. I understand that I may need to put forward original documents to a USCIS office, Immigration or Consular Officer if requested.


 Sincerely yours,


MARIA MAKILING STORM (signed)
  Applicant





RICHARD GLENN STORM (signed)
Petitioner

*********************************************************************************
Please note that whatever is written on your cover letter are the exact same document that should be included in the packet. 

Below are the links to the forms listed above:

Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance -----http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-1145.pdf

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status------http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Form G-325A Biographic Information Sheet of Applicant--------------http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support-----------------http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

Form I – 765 Application for Employment Authorization-----------------http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765.pdf


Form I-131  (Application for Travel Document)-----------------http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-131.pdf















4 comments:

  1. Hi

    Tks very much for post:

    I like it and hope that you continue posting.

    Let me show other source that may be good for community.

    Source: tips for writing a good cover letter and Cover letter internship without experience

    Best rgs

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for dropping by. I will certainly visit that page coz I know I still have to learn more. Thank you for giving me the link. xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I am happy that I found your post while searching for awesome news and idea. Thanks! It is very useful and interesting website.

    Form i-693 Medical Exam

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.coverletterguide.com/great-cover-letter-examples

    ReplyDelete